Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It Would Bee My Luck

I woke up this afternoon and went outside to see several bees hanging around the front of the house. I though, "yikes. The bees like my house. I might have to get some poison." Charissa came home and we went out to eat with her parents, which kept us away from the house for about an hour and a half. When we returned, the several bees had turned into a bee hive full of thousands of bees hanging below the overhang between out first and second floor, about six feet from our front door. Now we have to use the back door and I'm desperately afraid that the bees will find a way into the house. I guy from a bee farm is supposed to come in the morning "about seven or maybe a couple hours later." Please, please, be there at 7:00. In the meantime, Charissa has gone to stay with the Landrums, just in case, and I have gone home a couple times just to check out the situation.

Update:
The bee farm guy is hindered from coming by the torrential downpour outside. Apparently, they can do nothing in the rain so he can't come out until it stops. Plus, there's no way to get around town without coming across roads closed by water. After a three year drought. Mother Nature is attacking me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the bees will drown.

Jeff said...

I was afraid that the rain would drive them to finding a way inside but, behold, the beekeeper cometh to take away the bees, and for free to.