Thursday, May 19, 2005

Did I Feel Exposed?

I'm going to share a dream that I had long ago and have never been able to figure out. I don't know why I have waiting so long to share it as I had the dream years ago, in the days of yore.

The setting is in the Reynolds center at Harding University (my alma mater). As you walk up the stairs and go towards the communications side of the building, there is an east to west hallway that leads to two separate north to south hallways. Picture a tuning fork and that's the basic blue print.

In my dream, there are two toilets in the east/west hallway on the north wall. (For those of you who went to school with me, I am referring to the hallway where the CP/APO bulletin board was located). There are no stalls or anything, just toilets. I approach one of the toilets, drop my pants and sit down to do what men do when they sit.

Strangely, it doesn't seem at all abnormal that I am doing a number two with people walking all around me between classes until a girl I know enters the well lit scene. I don't remember which girl I know that it was in the dream or even how well I knew her. After we exchange a few pleasantries, she take her place at the other toilet.

My first instinct is to think like a man and I say to myself, gee, I wonder if I could get a peek without getting caught. Then I think, nah, what's more unattractive then a girl pooping. Very few things unless you're a sicko twisted type.

But I can't help to see her feet out of the corner of my eye. That's when it hits me that this is a very awkward situation. Then I am trying to think of a way out of it. People are walking all around me and I am frozen with fear. I can't just discreetly pull my pants up and leave because I am in need of wiping. But I don't want the world to see me doing that embarrassing chore. What do I do?

Then I wake up.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Lets see....

Im going to say its probably very simple like you were nervous about an upcoming situation and your mind was trying to put you at ease by introducing you to another uncomfortable situation before hand...
OR.... You could just be the sicko twisted type that likes to see girls poop and your mind was obliging your internal desires. Either way we all still love ya man... just uuuuhhh call before you come over... ;-)

Jeff said...

I'm going to say that it's very simple like, it didn't mean anything. I pose the question and say I don't unerstand the dream's meaning but I also don't believe that dreams have particular meaning. Though I do have lots of shooting dreams that I never had before I became a cop.

Unknown said...

man you dont even want me to go there with my dreams. Im just a strange one...