Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Introspective, Aloof 17 Year Old inside me Rejoices

I woke up to read this today:

After a break of almost 25 years legendary British pop
group Pink Floyd are to reunite for one of the
concerts organised to mark the G8 summit in Scotland
next month.

David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Roger Waters and Richard
Wright will play at the Live8 concert in London's Hyde
Park on July 2, one of five masterminded by pop star
Bob Geldof to draw attention to the plight of millions
of poor Africans.

Pink Floyd, famous for their film The Wall, in which
Geldof appeared, and albums such as Dark Side of the
Moon, broke up in the 1980s after personality clashes
between Waters and the rest of the band.

My Friend Tim added this:
I really hope the concert is televised!!!

I also hope this inspires them to make one last tour all together.
I'd love to see them live just once. And with Roger back in the fold,
it should add a lot of life that was missing from Delicate Sound of
Thunder/The Division Bell as well as all of Roger's solo works.

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl right now.


I'm, giddy too, Tim.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Not to bash the 17 year old but the Live 8 concert is a bunch of crap. Lets get together and fight hunger here first then we can deal with Africa. Damn Hippies...

Anonymous said...

You're right. So, what have you done to fight hunger here lately?