Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A Remembered Memory

When I was little this really strange kid live down the street from me (and I'm not talking about Heathe). He was kindof a nerd (again, not talking about Heathe but I'll bet Heathe knows who I'm talking about).One time he told me this stupid story which I will now relate to you.

He said that his mother's dream was to go to an Oklahoma City 89'ers game. For those of you who don't know, they were the old AAA affiliate in OKC before they changed their name to the RedHawks.

Anyway, finally one year, they took her for her birthday. Sadly, she was hit by a foul ball and knocked clean out. When she came to, she said, "where am I?" They said, "mom, you're where you've always wanted to be. At an 89'ers game."

I thought I'd share that ridiculous story with you. Though, because of my young age, I did not doubt the truth of the story at the time, I was already old enough and smart enough to think, 'dude, if what a stupid thing to have as a dream. If her dream was to go to an 89'ers game, why did someone wait so long to drop $8.00 for a ticket.' Seriously, it's not Fenway people (my dream. The $150 is a little harder to drop.)

No comments: