Friday, January 27, 2006

Scary Moment

In an odd anti deja vu, I had a dream the night before last about being in a shooting. I actually had the same dream back to back. I woke up after the dream, went back to sleap, and had the same dream over again with slightly different details.

Last night at work, I got into a short pursuit that ended in a driver of a stolen vehicle running the car into a ditch and bailing out. We ran and ran and ran, probably a quartet mile before it was all said and done. Toward the end of the foor chase, I reached down do feel my gun and didn't feel a gun there. I looked down. No gun. no holster either. My entire holster was missing, somewhere between me and my car in one of the most dangerous parts of the city.

We found the gun andthe bottom half of the holster right next to my car. It's a sinking feeling to realize that you ran that far in a high crime drug area with no gun. Incidentally, I found out that the brand of holster I was issued has just been recalled because "there is a small rick of failure." Imagine that.

Here's what it looks like:

2 comments:

PatrickMead said...

I thank God you are all right. Unfortunately, many departments requires such a belt and suspenders approach to holsters that it delays the draw a couple of seconds. I hope you are able to find a compromise.

I love Glocks, but they aren't the best pistol to fly out and skid around -- no manual safety. God was with you, my friend.

Andrew said...

Im glad to hear your alright. I cant lose you now your pretty much my only lunch buddy.