Monday, February 20, 2006

Tonight's Ridiculous Fox News Teaser

From time to time, I quote the stupid local fox news promos on the blog. The reason is, Fox news (at least our local affiliate) loves reactionary stories that border on racist! I hate to use the word "racist" since it's such a buzz word, overused to the point that it no longer has meaning but there's not another word for it. Maybe, isolationist or ultra-nationalistic. Anyway, here's tonight's ridiculous promo, stirring us to wonder how safe we really are.

Thousands of ships go through these ports daily. So, what are we doing to handle security? How about, handing them over to an Arab company. Tonight, the deal that could sink us all.


I guess I should stop eating at Zorba's. It's owned by an Iranian and I would hate it if he put a dirty bomb in my gyro.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I agree that is ridiculous considering the Coast Guard and the Secret Service are responsible for port security. If the UAE would like to lease the ports then let them. They need to understand though that just like any other company they can be held responsible if anything happens through their ports. IMHO

Hope said...

Here's my theory on this whole thing. It is the UAE not Iran. Security will still be the same. I can see why people would be nervous considering the state of the world but really, it's not like we handed security over. So, anyway, I am ready for there to be another hot news story because I just don't care.

Anonymous said...

Yep...

When I first heard the story...I thought...

The same people who say we can't profile an Arab in an airport to be searched...so that we have to search 85 year old grandmas, and 4 year old kids...are the same ones who have a problem with this deal.

I also can't believe that Congress is conceited enough to think they could know more about these deals than the NSA, CIA, FBI, DOD and DHS who all looked at this deal months ago.