Friday, January 21, 2005

Linguists; Look-a-this

Both of my readers will remember my article on Christmas about my Chinese restaurant. Well here's another.

If you haven't noticed, pretty much every Chinese restaurant uses "Bamboo Chopsticks" brand chopsticks. Next time you go, read the package the sticks come in. In case you don't want to go, here's what it says. I have left as-is. Same punctuation, spelling and capitalization.

Welcome to Chinese Restaurant.
please try your Nice Chinese Food With Chopsticks
the traditional and typical of Chinese glorious history.
and cultural

Here are the instructions on the back.

thumb
Tuck under
and hold firmly

Add second chopstick
hold it as you hold
a pencil

Hold first chopstick
in original position
move the second one
up and down Now you
can pick up anything

And here was my fortune cookie.

A Vert misunderstanding by calm, poise and balance.

No comments: