Thursday, January 27, 2005

Little Black Book



The wife and I rented "The Little Black Book" tonight. Must say I enjoyed it pretty well.

The writing is very snappy and witty. The movie is very funny and very well acted. What do you expect, the three headliners are Brittany Murphey, Helen Hunt and Kathy Bates.

I was a little thrown by the overtly feminist message of the film. "You don't need love, baby, because you've got your career." Of coarse my wife argues this point. She says that the film teaches "you can't be happy with someone else unless you are happy with yourself first." Except the movie ends without her being happy with someone else, except maybe Carly Simon and Dianne Sawyer.

Of coarse, I applaud the way the writer ended the film in its non-sap. The movie ends as the story may have ended in real life, which is always refreshing but rarely done.

No comments: