Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I am a god (little g) of Research

I have to take a break from the paper I'm working on before I proof it, print it, and turn it in. I think that you should have to feel my pain and here's how I'll try to make you. Remember your bibliographies in college (or high school for that matter)? Here's what one looks like in Grad school. This is actually a shorter one for me with it's twelve entries (I'm still missing one; a video of which I can't find the info). This is for my paper "Order and Disorder in Dryden's Conquest of Granada."

Armistead, Jack M. “The Higher Magic in Dryden’s Conquest of Granada.” Papers on
Language and Literature 26.4 (1990): 478-88.

Brockett, Oscar. History of the Theatre. 8th ed. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn and Bacon,
1999

Coltharp, Duane. “Radical Royalism: Strategy and Ambivalence in Dryden’s
Tragicomedies.” Philological Quarterly 78.4 (1999): 417-37.

Davis, Paul. “Dryden and the Invention of Augustan Culture.” He Cambridge Companion
to John Dryden. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2004. 75-91.

Dryden, John. The Works of John Dryden. Vol. 11. Ed. H. T. Swedenberg jr. Berkeley:
University of California Press, 1978

Ebbs, John Dale. The Principle of Poetic Justice Illustrated in Restoration Tragedy.
Saltzburg: Universität Salzburg, 1973.

Kropf, C.R. “Political Theory and Dryden’s Heroic Tragedies.” Essays in Theatre 3.2
(1985): 125-138.

Mathew, George. “Sexism in Dryden’s Criticism; From Text to Context.” CIEFL Bulletin
14.1-2 (2004): 93-112.

Reinert, Thomas. “Theatre and Civility in Dryden’s ‘Essay’.” ELH 65.4 (1998): 857-76.

Thompson, James. “Dryden’s Conquest of Granada and the Dutch Wars.” Eighteenth
Century: Theory and Interpretation 31.3 (1990): 211-26).

Warren, Victoria. “From Restoration to Hollywood: John Dryden’s Conquest of Granada
and James Cameron’s Terminator Films.” Restoration: Studies in English Literary
Culture, 1660-1700 27.2 (2003): 17-40.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Now I'm glad that I was rejected by IU's MBA program.

Congrats on the postition for next year.