Thursday, March 24, 2005

Personally, I can't wait!


This probably belongs on my Redsox Blog, but since it's about a movie, I decided to post it here.

Among Redsox bloggers, such as myself, there has been alot of arguing about the upcoming movie Fever Pitch starring Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallom. Some think it's terrible because Jimmy Fallon is a New Yorker and therefore shouldn't portray a Redsox fan. Others are mad because they filmed a scene right after the ending of game 4 of the Series, stealing a sacred moment. (for those of you who aren't sox fans, it's difficult to understand the religion that is SoxFanDom.)

I, however, am among the more open minded, less ridiculous fans. Perhaps because I am an exile of Redsox nation. I think it's cool that we are getting some cred, finally. I like that America will finally get a taste of what it's like to be a Sox fan. They will finally see the relationship problems that develoup every spring for the Sox fan who must choose between the ones he loves and his first love. My only concern is the inevitable mediocre acting that Fallon and Berrymore will bring to the film.

I once told someone, "I've only been married for four years. I've been a Redsox fan since I was seven."

For a taste, see the trailer.

No comments: