Sunday, March 13, 2005

Weekend's Best and Worst

Charissa had her wisom teeth out on Friday, so needless to say, we haven't left the house much. Instead, we have caught up on our movie watching. Okay, so here are the best and the worst of the weekend.

Best

Eulogy is a hilarious film about an extremely dysfunctional family joined together by the death of its patriarch. I know it sounds like an overused theme, but this one takes it so far that it becomes one of a kind. I thought I would fall over dead with laughter. It has everything a disfunctional family needs; lesbian sister, over-bearing mean spirited know it all, pervert brother and his two pervert twin boys, washed up child actor and a last request to be buried at sea in a flaming boat.

Worst

The Bat. This 1959 murder mystery thriller is possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, at least for a movie that takes itself seriosly. "How do you know but what the killer isn't somewhere in the house?"

Of coarse, I still have The Killer Shrews to watch, which I have been told is even worse.

Update

I watched The Killer Shrews. All I can say is, wow. 1959, what a year. The sci-fi thriller takes place on a remote island used for genetic research. The scientists have accidentally created giant shrews (rat like things) which have devoured all the animal life on the island. Now they're after humans. "I'm not sure I'm worried about over-population right now."

1 comment:

Chris said...

Of course you realize that both the worst have now become part of my mandatory "must-see" list. I took a solemn vow to an old blind monk many, many years ago to watch all the terrible movies I could find and make fun of them. My quest will never end, will it?